Today we happily announce our nominations for the 2015 Pushcart Prize! Below are our nominees and the selection from their respective works we have submitted for consideration!
About the Pushcart Prize: The Pushcart Prize: Best of the Small Presses series, published every year since 1976, is the most honored literary project in America.
Since 1976, hundreds of presses and thousands of writers of short stories, poetry and essays have been represented in our annual collections. Each year most of the writers and many of the presses are new to the series. Every volume contains an index of past selections, plus lists of outstanding presses with addresses.
The Pushcart Prize has been a labor of love and independent spirits since its founding. It is one of the last surviving literary co-ops from the 60’s and 70’s. Our legacy is assured by donations to our Fellowships endowment.
Nominees selected from The Wayfarer:
- Gail Steeves Collins-Ranadive, It’s Complicated, from Vol. 3 Issue 3 • Read Selection»
- Jamie K. Reaser, Saving the World, from Vol. 3 Issue 2 • Read Selection»
- Eric D. Lehman, The Last Hermit in New England, from Vol 3. Issue 3 • Read Selection»
- Heloise Jones, The Altar Of Birds, from Vol 3. Issue 2 • Read Selection»
- C.M. Rivers, Compass, from Vol 3. Issue 2 • Read Selection»
- Sharlene Cochrane, The Men Died First, from Vol 3 Issue 2 • Read Selection»
Nominees from Homebound Publications‘ 2014 Releases:
- Amy Nawrocki, “Sensitive Skin” from the collection Four Blue Eggs
- L.M. Browning, “Down Along the River Styx”, from the collection Vagabond and Sundries
- David K. Leff “King of the Hill” Chapter One, from Finding the Last Hungry Heart
- Audrey Henderson, “The Lichen Lovers”, from Airstream
- Francesca G. Varela, “Chapter One” from Call of the Sun Child
- Theodore Richards, “Kant” Chapter One from The Conversions